Saturday, June 30, 2012

Team Building in the Rain

Today was the first time that I experienced rain in Korea. It is comparable to buckets being thrown on you non stop until you are cursing the person who invented the stuff.  On this day all of the teachers went on a team building activity to the beautiful city (even in the rain) of Seoul. We ventured to the Sejong Museum named after King Sejong, the founder of South Korea.


Statue of King Sejong on top of the museum which was underground

The museum was great and had a lot of great activities such as calligraphy writing, making traditional Korean fans, and an interactive 3D movie with moving seats and spraying air and water.  I must say that calligraphy is extremely difficult but after you get the hang of it it gets easier.  On my piece of papyrus I wrote my name, United States and Ohio.




Afterwards I went to lunch with my students and the students of my friends. We ate a Korean staple called bibimbap. It is rice with vegetables and spicy paste and your choice of meat.  Being a seafood fan I opted for the spicy octopus and it did not disappoint.

After our meal we walked over to an outdoor mall and I accomplished the most important thing on my list of things to do while here. I bought myself a Korean flag to add to my collection which will hopefully grow over the years.

Even with the rain this was a great day and shall be capped off with a night out on the town in downtown Seoul with some friends. 


Four of my ten students

Until Later,

- Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment