Tuesday, June 19, 2012

First Day Adventures


This is the view from the top of the steps on Dankook's Campus


So the first day is half over and it has been quite eventful.  I was extremely surprised that I was not really Jet Lagged today and was willing to get up and 7:15. I ventured downstairs and ate breakfast which consisted of some type of pork, the Korean version of Cole Slaw and some soup that I can only imagine had some eggy custardy thing going on. All in all it tasted very good. At breakfast I met up with a few people from California and we decided to go into the city. We walked around aimlessly taking in all of the sites and going to different stores and shops. Our main destination was a supermarket called EMarket. This is most likely the equivalent to WalMart. The main difference is this one is 8 floors. There I saw my first live octopus for sale.  This store very literally had everything that you could imagine being in a mall all in one place. On the way back towards campus we stopped at a restaurant named Rice Story which specialized in different types of rice and noodles, go figure. I sampled the Spawn Squid Roe fried rice and I was ready to lick my plate clean. Every dish that I have had so far has been spicy including the soup that accompanied the meal.

It was a great first day and I am looking forward to this evening as our little group is going to head out and sample the nightlife before having orientation in the morning. There is a good chance that we may be split up and moved to a different campus so we will just have to cherish the time we have left! Until later

- Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment