Thursday, June 28, 2012

One Down Six Left

Well, the first week of teaching is winding down and I cannot wait for the weekend.  Teaching comes naturally to me so that is not a problem, but getting the students to talk is quite difficult. The beginning of the week was very difficult as I would sit in class waiting for them to answer a question and they never would.  As the week progressed on, they began to open up and use the english that they knew already.

This is really exciting for me because now we can have conversations in class with them and teach them about american culture while they tell me about life in Korea.  It was a slow start, but now that the ball is rolling I feel as if once our time together is over they will be motor mouths. Which is 100% ok with me.

It is the weekend, so more stories and pictures to come.

Until later,

Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment