Monday, June 25, 2012

First Day Down. I'm Impressed

Well today was the first day of teaching and I must say it went a lot better than I had expected. I only had a slight twinge of nervousness going into the classroom because I had been in that situation before and that is where I will be spending the rest of my adult life. If everyday goes as well as this then I am in for a happy and successful career!

I figured i would be shaking in my boots getting ready to teach english for the first time but when I arrived in my room I was greeted with an amazing view that told me, "you got this, no worries". From that point on it was smooth sailing.  The first class I had was pretty quiet but if the nodding of heads, the "AHA!" moments and the laughs and smiles continue I assume they will open up some more.



My second class was a beginners class that refreshingly talked more than my two advanced classes. One is actually the roommate of a friend of mine here and we all are going out to dinner later!

It was a great first day and I hope that the rest of the days come to me as easily as this one did!

Until later

- Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment