Sunday, June 17, 2012

Left Over Chicken Parmigiana

You may be wondering why I would choose to name this post so ludicrously. Well, the answer is quite simple.  My last meal before my departure is what you see in the quirky title. This really has no meaning connecting it to my trip, but it does give you an idea of where my frame of mind is. While packing my bags I let out a great sigh and realized the insanity of the events that will be happening in the next few hours.  I'm not sure if my advanced procrastination skills kicked in but it seems as if I waited until the very last minute to start to freak out. This will be an adventure of many firsts for me. First time flying alone, going out of the country, having no clue how to speak the language, and teaching.  I'm not all too sure why all of these things are coming into my head now, but they sure picked a fantastic time.

There's a butterfly factory residing in my insides, and it seems like business is booming. I know I most likely will not sleep tonight.  Hopefully I'm exhausted for these plane rides so I don't cloud my head full of what ifs or the dreadful, "was this the right decision?"

I'm sure that it will be ok. I hope.

Pray for a scared traveler. Until he can garner up the courage to stop being a worrier. This is just the first barrier to what shall be a great experience.  I just need to get my running shoes on and plow right through it. Until later.


Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment