Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Work Days in the Single Digits

Hello again!

I'm currently reporting from my couch at home but the countdown to takeoff is getting ever closer. With only 13 days until the flight and 8 days of work left the anticipation levels could not be any higher!

This was only made greater today when my Won (South Korean currency) came in from the bank. Now originally I thought that the money would be in the same denominations that the dollar ran on.  With an exchange rate of almost 1 to 1,200 I imagined a duffle bag of money coming from the bank. I was pleasantly surprised when the money was handed to me and there was only a small stack with a rubber band and a paper clip attached.

The picture of the Won above signifies many things about my impending trip. The first is that this is now becoming very real and I feel great joy and jubilation to be taking part in such a great educational experience.  Never before would have I ever thought that I would travel to a land as foreign as South Korea the first time that I ventured out of the country.  I cannot wait to get the talking and organizing done and the traveling started!

Secondly, I can be refreshed that the only thing that needs to be done is pack and get on the plane.  This may sound relatively simple to you, but I detest packing with every fiber of my being.  If I had my choice I would delay the process until the last minute.

Lastly, the picture was taken with my new camera! Now I can clearly capture the culture and different events that transpire with stunning quality and clarity. I plan on snapping pictures whenever I can  so hopefully you can feel as if you are there with me!

Not much longer until the voyage begins. Nowhere to go but up from here (up in the air that is)!

: D




No comments:

Post a Comment