Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Whirlwind Week Continues!

This particular week has been rather stressful for me. Usually when you are winding down in classes things go relatively smooth, but unfortunately this is not the case in my situation. This week I have three presentations on three consecutive days. The presentation subjects are comfort women, the US-Japanese relationship and Japanese colonialism. Very interesting topics, but it does not help that I have been in a fuzz for the past few days from multiple cold medicines. 

There is one beam of light being emitted from this pile of assignments though. I already have one presentation done and I am feeling much better everyday. There was a sickness bug going around the dorms last week and I surmise that my advanced procrastination skills helped me in not getting it until after everyone else was better. All this aside, I must feel better so I can enjoy the last weeks that I have with the new friends that I have made during this amazing experience. I really can't believe that there are only 12 days left before I fly back home.

It seems like yesterday that I was writing to you counting down the days until my departure. Crazy. To combat the sad feelings of having to leave I believe that I will be going bungee jumping on Friday. This should be a thrill ride because it combines my two greatest fears, heights and falling to my death. Am I insane? I don't think so. Just a young man who wants to do it all before he can't anymore. 

Until later,

Trey


No comments:

Post a Comment