Thursday, July 5, 2012

That Ended Quickly

Well, this week flew by.  My classes get better and better by the day and once again it is the weekend.  Now that my second week of teaching is complete I have figured out what my students enjoy doing and what will make them close up like a clam.  They want to know more about me so I try to tell them stories that relate back to the course content but are at the same time entertaining.  Some times I feel like a comedian up in the front of the room performing. My students are having a great time and I really couldn't be happier with the experience so far.  I'm saddened to think that there is only one week left of teaching and hopefully I will still see my students around campus when the English Village is completed. Time is moving too quickly and I really would like it if Father Time could pump his brakes a little bit.

This week was jam packed full of events!  This was my first 4th of July outside of the United States but that was made better when some teachers and students went to the Han River to play with fireworks and watch a light and water show. The American teachers broke out into song with the National Anthem and it felt as if I was back home. The water show was great, but what really made it special were the fireworks off in the distance and the jubilation of all my fellow Americans.



This weekend we will attend a baseball game!  This game is between the Doosan Bears and the LG Twins.  My students have been telling me that this is the biggest rivalry in Korea, so the atmosphere should be electric. That is of course if the dreaded rain stays away. It has been down-pouring for two days straight now. The forecast looks promising for tomorrow, but I learned long ago never to trust what the weatherman says.

Until later,

- Trey

No comments:

Post a Comment